Spring is coming, is calling, is COMING!
Seeds, long held in the cozy dark, nutrient-rich soil, are beginning to push up through the darkness toward the light. Winter’s hold is not so tight.
The light is growing, is coming, is calling—don’t go back to sleep.
Feel your longing to wake up, deep down on the inside, like nature, longing to reach for the light.
Stay with the longing. Let it touch you. Let it move you into action. Let it keep you awake.
Breathe in the light all around you, in through all your pores, into your body—belly, heart, mind. Let is infuse and gently awaken and enliven you. Turn toward the light.
Spring Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere is officially marked on Monday, March 20th at 5:28 am Central Time, but we’ve been feeling its coming for some time now…
The last remnants of winter—the dark, the cold, the cuddled-up-in-bed parts—are holding pieces you need to release to be ready for Spring.
It could be anger, a hurt, an unrealized dream, a wish for life to be other than it is…Accepting that this, whatever it is, is still with you creates space for it to soften its grip and make way for the new energy of Spring, for a new beginning, a new seed to poke its way up through the dark underground into the light.
A Getting Ready Ritual
This ritual can support you in releasing what’s needed for Spring to arrive in your life. Enjoy it on the Equinox or before to prepare yourself for a new beginning any time.
- Create intentional space for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn off electronics, close the door, settle in for some undisturbed quiet time.
- You might want your journal nearby.
- You might want to light a candle or mark this time in some way.
- In a comfortable seated position, breathe in earth energy through your feet, up through your legs, into your lower belly. Imagine, visualize, or physically sense this.
- Breathe out and name whatever arises that you would like to release. As you exhale, soften, and simply let it be here with you.
- Breathing in grounded, stable earth energy, and breathing out your desire to let this go, feeling and sensing whatever it is.
- Inhaling earth energy up, then exhaling and naming what you would like to release, no forcing, no pushing away, no resisting.
- Once you’ve accepted and allowed the feelings and sensations of what you’d like to release to be acknowledged, you’re ready to let them go.
- Breathing earth energy in, let it go, carrying all you have released back down through your legs and feet into the earth, where it will be transformed.
- Repeat this a few times.
- When you are ready, begin your inhale the same way, but bring your breath all the way up to your heart.
- On the exhale, if there is anything else arising in your heart that needs to be let go, name and release that.
- Breathe this way a few times.
- When you are ready, the same breath comes all the way up to the crown of your head.
- And you release on your exhale, all the way down to the earth, naming anything else that arises, softening, softening, softening…
- When you have run out of things to name, on your next earth inhale, as you breathe all the way up to the crown, name what you long for, what you are ready to move into, what you intend for yourself this spring.
- Soften and let it all go, into the hands of life, returning it to the earth.
- Continue breathing this way until you have named all that you long to bring into your world, all that you long to become this Spring.
- Place your hands on your heart and make some gesture of gratitude.
- Blow out the candle and/or close this intentional time in some way.
What is Spring inviting to grow in you?
What are you releasing to make space for this new growth?